2 February 2012

Rimmel volume flash scandal eyes mascara review

Rimmel Volume Flash Scandal Eyes Mascara 001
'no lash can escape - Scandalous volume - no clumps!'


I was in need of a new mascara, and I had previously been using 17 Falsifeye mascara and found it to be really good! I originally bought it because it came with a free Gel Eyeliner (which is really good!) but the brush it comes with is pretty awful, so I had to use one out of my E.L.F Professional Brush Set (£5 - and well worth it!) which worked really well!

 Anyway I looked for the 17 mascara again but it had gone up in price, so I looked at the Rimmel stand and saw this beauty! It's very in your face, but I love the packaging! 





So I wanted something to thicken up my lashes, they're already naturally long, so I wanted a fuller 'black' look which I can build up especially for nights out (don't really like wearing fake lashes). 
Plenty of product comes out on the brush, so I don't have to 'pump' it which you're not supposed to do as it created are pockets in the mascara (therefore drying it out).




It doesn't separate the lashes much so it might be a good idea to comb the lashes through before hand with an eyelash brush (you get one in the E.L.F brush kit) however it does create a fuller look which I was after! (apologies its a crap picture, I can't get the hang of my front facing camera on the iPhone!) but it gives you some idea of the effect it gives :)

Thanks for reading!

Lucy xx






2 comments:

  1. I have a love hate relationship with this mascara
    I am a new follower, check out my blog and follow back?

    http://phatfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, it is tricky to not get it everywhere, due to the size of the brush etc! But I do love the effect it gives once properly applied :)

      sorry for the late reply, I've been away recently! I shall check out your blog and follow back!

      thanks for following x

      Delete