19 February 2012

Skincare routine for dry combination skin!

I guess every girl attempts to achieve healthy looking skin which allows make up to glide on effortlessly! It's also a plus point if the make up stays put throughout the day, especially when working under bright lights and for long hours... this is a must! Well this weekend I've been trying a different skincare routine, having come to the end of my Clinique Cleanser and Toner, I've been trying random things that I have lying around my room..... and nothing has quite compared to this weekend's finds! (I tried the face wash courtesy of my Mum and Sister... hehe!)





I have tried this Garnier range in the past and hadn't been too impressed with it, but this time round, teamed with some other products it seems to be working well!

This cleanser is soap free, which means there won't be any soapy residue left on the skin, which can lead to clogged pores and spots! It's really refreshing, and can be used morning and night. It really makes my skin feel soft, I am SO impressed!! 








I follow with these wipes from Garnier. I opted for the 'soft essentials' as I felt like I shouldn't strip my skin of too much moisture, as that would be done with the gel cleanser! These wipes are great for removing any excess make up!

It's a little tough to get eye make up off with them though, they aren't wet enough! No problem though as I just use some Simple eye make up remover to get rid of any stubborn mascara!






To finish off the routine, this moisturiser is a great Oil Free one! It's a little pricey at around £25-£30 per tub, but it really is great for dry combination skin which can be prone to oily areas/spots! :) 



A good finger tip's worth should do the whole face, it glides on and goes really far I find! Just dab it on each cheek, the nose, forehead and chin and then blend. It's heavenly to apply! Moisturising enough to replenish during the night, and light enough to sit nicely on the skin as a primer before make up!


My true test of make up is when I go to work, and this weekend I've been at work with no problems. Usually my face is an oily mess by about half way through my shift, but I have felt comfortable with my skin all weekend! This regime seems to be helping my skin to calm down and just generally look and feel better!

It's only been a few days, but I'm hoping that this routine will keep giving me these results! :)

Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment below! Lucy xxx




** update: I went in Sainsbury's today and their Garnier range was on special offer!! The face wash usually £3.50 was £1.70 :D and the same with the face wipes!

2 comments:

  1. My friend gave me her near full tub of Clinique Moisture surge, one of my favourite moisturisers now!

    I was told a good tip was to use it over your regular moisturiser for a 'boost', so it's been great for winter, when I get dry skin :D
    Clinique's All About Eyes cream has a similar texture and feel I think...

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://cosmetiholic-confessions.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for your comment!

      Yeah that's what I was originally told about the Moisture Surge: to use it over your regular moisturiser! It's great isn't it?!

      At first I was thinking it was just some ploy by Clinique to get you to buy more of their products, but it is a really good tip! I use it over my Dramatically different gel and I love it!

      As it's getting warmer I'm using it on its own as I find I'm a bit more oily in warmer weather :)

      Lucy xx

      Delete