6 December 2010

Clinique 3-Step Anti-Blemish Solutions Product Review

Product Review for Clinique's 3-Step Anti-Blemish Solutions


I'll start of first of all by telling you that I have dry-combination skin. My skin is acne-prone (I have suffered with acne since the age of 12, and I still get the occasional flare ups almost ten years later! Sucks eh?) My flare ups are pretty much confined to the chin area and forehead. My face tends to get greasy around the chin/nose and dry on the cheeks/forehead, nightmare if like me you like wearing everything when it comes to make up (foundation, powder, bronzer, blusher!)

Trying Clinique for the first time:

I have been through all the standard 'drug store' skin care ranges, and found myself getting frustrated at my skin, make up just never applied smoothly, and I'd end up greasy and spotty by the end of the day. Luckily, I was in my local Department Store, and browsing the Clinique counter, when a helpful assistant offered me trial sizes of the Anti-Blemish Range, this included: Cleansing Bar for Face and Body, Clarifying Lotion (15ml) and Clearing Moisturiser (15ml). I had never considered Clinique before, as it was quite out of my price range, being a student with no part-time job!

The Clinique Anti-Blemish 3-Step skincare system actually works! (well, for me it does!) It dries up those greasy areas, and horrible spots! I have to say though, with having dry areas, I find that the Clearing Moisturiser does not nourish my skin as I would like (because of its spot fighting ingredients which inevitably dry up the spots/skin) I use in its place Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion (not gel). This moisturiser works really well for me, as part of my Anti-Blemish system, as now I have the best of both worlds, spot fighting treatment & moisture in those dry areas, perfect! I also prefer the Cleansing Foam rather than the bar (for convenience really!)

How do I use my 3-Step Skincare System?

I find that I get the best results when I use my 3-Step Anti-Blemish solutions twice a day, every day! It prepares my skin in the morning for make-up, which then glides on and stays on longer! At night I can see and feel my skin looking more refreshed and moisturised, with no traces of make up left (essential to keep that skin free of clogged pores which can lead to a flare up of acne!) This is my routine morning and night:

1. wet the face and neck
2. one pump of cleansing foam, lather in the hands
3. smooth over face gently (avoiding eyes) and rinse with warm water
4. pat face dry
5. apply Clarifying Lotion to cotton pad and wipe over face and neck
6. follow with Dramatically Different Moisturising lotion, face and neck 

Alternatives?

I've found that a cheaper alternative to the Anti-Blemish system is the Superdrug Tea Tree range, but again, if you have dry skin, I would suggest using a richer moisturiser, as the blemish ones can be quite drying. Another alternative, from Clinique, is the 3-Step skin type 2. They currently do starter kits (smaller products in a set) for £20. I bought this set, because they unfortunately do not do an Anti-Blemish starter kit! Skin type 2 caters for dry-combination skin, so I thought I'd give this a try! If you don't mind the slight tingling sensation that the Clarifying Lotion gives, then this is certainly worth a try! I have found that it works just as well as the Anti-Blemish, but the lower price gives it the edge! 


I hope you found this review helpful and please ask any questions you might have and I'll try to answer them! Thanks for reading and feel free to leave a comment about your own experiences with Clinique!





3 comments:

  1. you should try the Anti-blemish solutions liquid makeup ! Its seriously amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Clara, thanks for the comment :) what skin type do you have (apart from acne prone i guess) the only thing stopping me from trying the liquid makeup is that I'm worried it will dry out my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my acne already kind of under control (fortunately) but I still don´t like the idea of clogging my pores with some "normal" foundation,so I was really happy to find this:)
    my skin is combination /oily - my tzone gets really oily. With other foundations I had to repowder like a million times a day, even with powder foundations (mac studio fix for example sucked SO badly for me :D ). This on the other side keeps the oil down quite well! I have to put powder on (or use mattifying paper) only once or maybe twice a day..which is great for me. It can be drying though. I always mix it with a little bit of moisturiser,so that it doesn´t look cakey and doesn´t flake. I find the coverage still good,even when its mixed..
    & I found my perfect color match (fresh alabaster) so Im really satisfied:)
    Hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete