5 February 2013

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish vs Cheaper hot cloth cleansers!

Just to remind you, you can subscribe to me on YouTube if you like hauls, reviews and all that good stuff! Just click HERE to go straight to my Channel :)

Being a student, I was reluctant to shell out for a full size Cleanse & Polish.... instead, I found an alternative in Superdrug. Their Naturally Radiant skincare range is a similar concept and you can find my review of some of the items in the range HERE

Having used the naturally radiant hot cloth cleanser in conjunction with the day and night creams (and alternate nights using bio oil all over the face) my skin certainly did start to look brighter and just generally in better condition! Here is the Superdrug hot cloth cleanser: 


It comes with a muslin cloth, but I don't find these types of cloths to be very effective in exfoliating or removing every bit of make up, so I tend to buy packs of face cloths from Primark for about £3! This cleanser is usually about £6 but it was on offer when I got it for £2.99!

I came across the Liz Earle range in Boots, and they are doing some little sample packs that you can buy, and I just had to go for it, as then I could try a number of products at the same time rather than splashing out on one product which may or may not work out for me. Here is the set that I got: 

The only product in this set that I have gone out and purchased full size is the skin tonic (like a toner) it is so refreshing and calming, I love using it after cleansing morning and night! It hasn't broken me out or anything like that. The cleanse and polish, which was the reason I bought the kit, was slightly dissapointing. It doesn't leave my skin as 'cleansed' as I think the superdrug one does.... and also I think it might be irritating my skin from the way it feels after cleansing. 

Overall, I find myself reaching for my Superdrug Naturally Radiant brightening hot cloth cleanser every single day, and using it in conjunction with the skin tonic (Liz Earle) and the Naturally radiant moisturisers. It's all down to preference, but I just wasn't impressed with the cleanse and polish, the moisturiser or the face mask that came in the little kit. It is good value for money in order to try the products, but they just haven't worked out for me.

I'm looking to find another hot cloth cleanser to try when my Superdrug one has run out... I know that soap and glory do one...and if there are any other's you could recommend then that would be great!!

Thanks for reading! Lucy xxxo


4 comments:

  1. definitely going to try the superdrug hcc!

    http://vividiorquue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice product! My skin feels so soft, cleansed and there's no tightness afterwards! Love it! Xx

      Delete
  2. Superdrug do another hot cloth cleanser in their vitamin E range which I use that is really good but might give this naturally radiant one a go once my vitamin e one has ran out.

    Love your blog x

    http://www.budgetbeautylove.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've seen that they do the vitamin E one! Might have to try it :) it's a similar price isn't it? Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete