20 February 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum: Initial thoughts!

So I'm always on the lookout for a foundation that claims to provide coverage, and recently I've been looking for foundations that claim to help the skin to look more radiant, and a 'barely there' appearance! This is usually hard to find, as the thinner foundations don't provide enough coverage for breakouts (which I have all the time) and thicker more full coverage foundations just tend to look cakey and unflattering. So I have been trying the Vitalumiere Aqua from Chanel (*Chanel foundation review here*) but I was looking for something more within my price range (being a student and all...) so here are my initial thoughts on the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. Here's me wearing the foundation:





Initial thoughts are:

It feels and applies quite like the Vitalumiere Aqua for me, though with more coverage.
Seems to even out my skintone
Provides a dewy appearance - which is nice, but can powder if needed to achieve a semi-matte finish.
I didn't have to use a lot of concealer - bonus! My skin is quite bad most of the time so a foundation that will reduce the use of concealer shows it is half decent for me!
Here I have used two layers of the foundation, and it doesn't seem cakey or anything like that. It still feels light and breathable!
It looks quite dark on my hand on the picture, but it blends in really nicely! I don't usually go for the lightest shade in foundations, despite having pale skin, as I usually want to look a bit warmer. But I've learnt to bronze/blush for that.... rather than having a slightly orange face, not a good look! Embracing the pale is definitely the way forward :)


Now the test is to see how it holds up all day! I'll do an updated review on this for you guys :)

I'm wearing:

Clinique Moisture surge extended thirst relief (good moisturiser to minimise oil in the day)
Benefit Porefessional primer
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 51 light vanilla (two coats)
Maybelline 24hr concealer in 02 light
Collection 2000 lasting perfection powder in 1 fair
MAC beauty powder as a highlight in 'play it proper' (creates a nice finish after powdering)
MAC mineralize blush in 'gentle'
ELF cream eyeshadow duo (pink shade, not sure of the name)
Bourjois eyeshadow in 03 (pink sparkly glitter, really brightens the eye area over the cream shadow)
Dior Diorshow iconic mascara in 090

have you tried the Bourjois healthy mix range? please let me know what you think!

Lucy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment