23 January 2011

Clinique 7 day scrub cream REVIEW

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream
I had been looking for a decent exfoliator for a while, the dry weather has been wreaking havoc with my skin. Make up goes on blotchy and my nose area has visible dryness! A couple of people suggested using the 7 day scrub cream, and I was willing to try it, and pay the £16.50 price for something which was going to work. THIS STUFF WORKS! :D


What is it like?


This product is quite thick, and you don't need much at all! So even if you think £16.50 is a lot, it will last you a while so it's well worth it! I often end up with excess on my palm (I really need to take my own advice and use less!!)


It's a thick cream with fine grains which doesn't lather. The directions don't suggest that you wet the face before you use the product, but personally I do as it feels like the product can go further and really buff the skin! It can take a little while to rinse the product off as it's so thick, but it's worth the wait! As I dry my skin, it feels so soft!


I thought that with persistent use of this product I would feel the effects decrease with use, but this isn't the case! It's like I'm using it for the first time every time I use it (I use this product up to twice a week to freshen up my skin!) I use it in conjunction with my 3 Step skincare and have found no problems, just great glowing skin! My make up goes on really smoothly and stays put without drying that you can get with other scrubs such as Clean & Clear blackhead daily scrub. I find that this is too harsh for my skin, and being combination/dry, it strips my skin of the moisture I need for the day, making my make up dry up on my nose/chin areas!


Alternatives?


I really like St Ive's apricot scrub, but I would use this less, as it can be quite harsh on the skin! It does the job, but it's not as gentle and nourishing as the Clinique 7 Day scrub




I'm still on the lookout for more scrubs so please if you know of any that might be suitable for my combination/dry acne prone skin then just leave a comment below!


I hope this review was helpful :) thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment