24 January 2011

tips for glossy manageable hair!

Tips for glossy manageable hair! 
& Hair products I'm loving at the minute

Recently a few people have commented on how shiny and bright my hair has been looking, and I put it down to my current hair care routine and the wonderful products I've been using! I stumbled quite by accident on each of these items, mainly due to them being on offer I have to say! Always looking to save the £'s :) But they are really good products! Here is a recent picture of my hair after using these products. I really like how it looks on pictures and in real life, it's not just the flash that's making it so shiny, promise (although it does accentuate it!)

First of all, I try not to wash my hair too much. Washing your hair every day strips it of it's natural oils and can leave it greasy! You may think that you're washing the grease away, but by getting rid of the oils, your hair has to work over time to keep it replenished, and you end up with too much oil!

I have fine wavy hair, which tends to be flyaway (wind is the bane of my life!!) too many products weigh my hair down and leave it looking dull, so I try to steer clear of these and just use the essentials, shampoo, conditioner and occasionally hairspray (hairspray used in the picture above to set my loose curls!).

Products I'm using currently 


Tresemme Moisture Rich Shampoo
This shampoo is great, and is great even when used without conditioner! It's really moisturising and I actually noticed that my hair was looking more glossy even when using this alone as I'd run out of conditioner. I bought this from Superdrug and it was a real bargain! It's a large bottle, and was £2 I think at the time, which is really good for a large Tresemme! It's lasted ages and I'll definitely be buying it again! It really seems to moisturise the hair, and makes dead ends less visible as it helps with the dryness associated with split ends!



L'Oreal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Light
I don't use too much conditioner, as my hair is fine and it either makes it greasy or weighs it down. I have tried Elvive colour protect shampoo and conditioner (I sometimes colour my hair) and I found that it's TOO moisturising for my hair, and leaves it feeling like product is still in my hair after i've rinsed it! Nutri-gloss Light is great though! I decided to use light, as it's for hair that gets greasy or weighed down easily, and it really works! It works so well along side my Tresemme moisture rich shampoo, they are the perfect team for my hair! It washes out really easily and leaves my hair feeling super soft and looking shiny!


V05 Strong hold weather resistant hairspray
I have to admit first of all, that I don't buy hairspray often at all, and my absolute favourite is actually Asda's own brand hairspray. It's super light and smells AMAZING! It's perfect for holding my fine hair in place on a night out :)
This V05 stuff however, was on offer and me and my friend bought it to try it out (we were most probably in need of some hairspray for that night...) I have to say I do not care for the smell at all, it doesn't smell good! However, it holds curls, or loose curls all night long and provides the extra shine! I find that hairspray can often be too wet for my hair, making it look greasy and dark. This however goes on lightly and you can build it up to get the desired hold! Really good stuff minus the smell, it's not too overpowering though, and I just spritz some perfume around my hair and the smell is gone :)

These are the products I'm using at the moment to make sure that my hair is always shiny and manageable :) hopefully the picture shows this for you! I'd really recommend these products, especially the shampoo and conditioner! Please feel free to comment below, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment