11 June 2012

Diorshow Iconic Mascara 090 Review!



Hey guys, just a quick review on a mascara I've been trying....it's the Diorshow Iconic mascara in 090 Black.

So I don't usually want to pay a lot for a mascara, but recently I've been wanting something that would give a false lash effect without the false lashes (I like wearing them, but generally only on nights out and not during the day time). Where I work, we sell Dior products, and I recently helped someone with a mascara, and after looking at reviews online, I wanted to try it for myself :)

The brush is exactly what I like about a mascara brush, it's plastic (not bristles, however my previous post concluded that I like the bristles on the Benefit Bad Gal!) 
The actual parts which apply the mascara are evenly spaced, so that when you're applying it, no lash is left out (much like the effect you would get when using a four or 5 blade razor.....weird comparison I know... haha but it really does create a nice even look!


Just one to two coats of this mascara can create a really nice look, and a few more and you're set for a more dramatic look It only starts to clump after about 4 coats, but if I wanted that much of a dramatic look then I would probably use false lashes too to prevent the clumping look! Here's a pic of what it can look like, this is with about 2 coats on...... (apologies for the crappy quality!)


Overall I really like this mascara, I don't know whether I will definitely repurchase because it is expensive, it retails at around £20-£25 depending where you buy it (luckily I got staff discount so that helped). But yeah, it's just really easy to create a nice semi-dramatic look for the day with minimal effort really, you don't have to stand there for ages trying to build it up, it's pretty instant, and as I said, with a few more coats you can create a dramatic look too.

Hope this review has been helpful to you, feel free to leave me a comment below :) Lucy xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment