27 January 2011

Clinique review

How good is Clinique? Do their products actually work?

I have been using Clinique on and off for about three years now, and I have to say their products really do work for me. The trick is, to be persistent with your Clinique products, and give them at least a few weeks (perhaps 2) to start working properly! The main thing you should notice straight away using Clinique products is the really clean feeling your skin will have, even from the first time you use them!

I have acne prone skin. In terms of Clinique products, I have combination-dry skin which needs acne fighting products, whilst giving me the moisture I need! This can be problematic with other products, as they either give me too much oil for the moisture, leading to acne.... or strip my skin of all the oils to fight the acne, leading to drier skin! Luckily Clinique seem to have found that balance so that I can have the best of both worlds! :)


I have to admit, I get nervous going to any cosmetics counter, as I just know the sales assistants are going to pressure me, and in the end I'll end up buying nothing or the entire shop. This frustrates me! I took a trip to Boots in Manchester, and my aim was to get some Clarifying Lotion and some Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. Success! I came out with these two products, regardless of the sales assistant's attempt to try and get me to buy the Anti-Blemish moisturiser & Moisture surge!


I'm not doubting that the moisture surge is good, but on my student budget I'm just not prepared to fork out! She was suggesting these because I told her my skin concerns were dryness but also acne. She suggested using the clearing moisturiser, and then moisture surge on top if my skin is feeling a bit dry. I honestly don't believe you can't mix and match thr 3-step systems. Find something that works for you, and for me that is Anti blemish cleanser/clarifying lotion & dramatically different moisturising lotion (not the anti blemish one). I really find it annoying when you're telling the sales assistants what works for you, and they're just arguing that this isn't how you use their products! They seem very 'by the book'!


My perfect 3-step system is as follows:


Anti-Blemish solutions cleansing foam £13.00 125ml 
Anti-Blemish solutions clarifying lotion £16.50 200ml
Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion (around £15/tube)

I don't see the need to buy an additional moisturiser, the dramatically different moisturising lotion is great! I make sure that I buy the lotion, rather than the gel, as it's better for dry skin.

Clinique products can be pricey, but if you want to invest in some great skincare, which should make your skin feel and look amazing (with continued use) then I would really suggest trying Clinique! Sometimes if I'm away, or I run out of my clinique products, I can really feel my skin getting drier, especially around the nose area, and this makes make up look terrible (& therefore I feel terrible throughout the day!) It is definitely something I've bought, stopped using, tried to find a cheaper alternative, but always gone back to! The price is nothing considering I've battled with my skin since the age of 12, if this expensive stuff works, then why not! :)

Feel free to let me know of your experiences with Clinique! Have you had a bad experience? A good one you'd like to share? Please leave comments below, or tweet me! :) @thebeautylink

Lucy x

1 comment:

  1. great post yet again! love Clinique products they are really expensive but they're worth the money if they work for you I've struggled for years trying to find the right products for my skin and started off with the 7-day free trial that Boots used to do (dunno if they still do) and have been a convert since! I usually get through 2 sets of 3 step products a year which is bad going as I probably spent more swapping and changing before using Clinique. I usually buy from Boots when they have bonus points or use my points to get buy the things I need.

    Keep up the great blog posts!

    Sharan

    ReplyDelete