1 February 2012

MAC dupe? And blusher collection

I think that the MUA blush £1 at Superdrug is a great dupe for MAC Pink Swoon, and a fraction of the price! I've only just started to take notice of this range in Superdrug but the stuff seems really good for the price! 


I know a lot of people find that you have to be careful with Pink Swoon when applying it, but I really do have to apply a lot to get a result! Also I think it's slightly too light for my pale skin, as I prefer a deeper pink (the MUA shade 2 is slightly deeper) I should also say that MUA does a lighter shade of the blush 'shade 1' which could be even more like Pink Swoon... worth trying for only £1! 

The only thing about MUA is that it's very powdery, so you have to be careful using your brush.One swipe of the brush should be enough to do one cheek, and the excess powder from the first swipe for the second cheek :) I was finding with the pink swoon that I had to run the brush around the pan for a while before getting a suitable colour.... the upside is that it's not powdery so I don't feel like I'm wasting the product!




On the right is a pic of my blush collection. Various makes and shades, and the MAC Mineralised blush and Clinique (came with two eyeshadows) are my favourite! here's a list of the blushes going clockwise from the MAC Mineralised....

- MAC mineralize blush 'conjour up'
- Accessorize baked blush '6 scandal'

- MAC Sheertone blush 'pink swoon'
- Clinique blushing blush 'iced lotus'
- Boots natural collection 'blushed cheeks'
- MUA blusher 'shade 2'
- 17 blusher 'plum puff' (love this one!!)
- No7 Natural blush '20 honey'



Really good collection of blushers I think, although I'd like to get a few more 'honey' toned ones, as I tend to go for the same sort of colours! I really want to try MAC mineralised skin finishes as an overall colour and bronzer so I'll do a review once I've tested a few of those out :) It's all about finding cheaper version too as MAC etc can be very expensive, the 17 blush is really good for every day, I've used it a lot and had it for ages!

If there's any blush you can recommend for me then please leave a message! 



Thanks for reading! Lucy xx 









                                                                                       

1 comment:

  1. I agree there are lots of cheaper alternatives to pink swoon! I don't think I'll bother with it again although i do love the colour! xxxx

    ReplyDelete