31 May 2012

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Dual Fibre Stippling Brush REVIEW

So... I've heard great things about this range of make up brushes, and especially the Dual Fibre Stippling brush! I'm not a person who will spend tonnes of money on make up brushes, as to be quite frank I just won't use them. However, the stippling brush is something I've been wanting to try for a while. I've tried regular 'foundation' brushes (the ones that look like a paint brush....) and I find they just cake on the make up and are pretty rubbish at blending. My flatmate decided to take the plunge and buy this brush, and I managed to get the very last one in Boots (lucky!). Here's the brush:
Real Techniques Dual Fibre Stippling Brush.


First of all, the price is really very reasonable, £11.99 for a multi-purpose make up brush is pretty good going. (the main reason I don't buy make up brushes is because brands lure you in with all of their different brushes which you have to buy individually for extortionate prices) but I really think that this is worth it, you can use it however you like! Obviously the Real Techniques range do a whole host of different brushes, but one like this is great for someone like me, who doesn't necessarily want lots of different brushes. The brush is really easy to hold, and the end has a black bit which is easy to grip! The brush itself is a nice size, and you could use it for wet or dry products, I choose to use mine with foundation! 


How I use my Real Techniques Dual Fibre Stippling Brush:

I love this brush for my foundation (I've been using it for a few days now). I'm not actually using a 'proper' foundation at the moment, as I've been loving my Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 (shade 02). This brush is absolutely brilliant to apply this tinted moisturiser, and you wouldn't know that I didn't have a 'full' foundation on. I use about a 20p sized amount on the back of my hand and dab the brush in to it. I then apply to the apples of my cheeks and forehead, nose & chin. Then I can start stippling and blending. It does an excellent job of getting in to all the nooks and crannies to ensure that it's a flawless finish! This is great, because even though I'm not using a heavy foundation, it still creates the coverage that I'm after!

 I use a few other products to finish my make up, and recently I've been loving my Maybelline 24hr Superstay Concealer in Light Beige 02. To set I've been using Bourjois Mineral Radiance powder in 02 Vanilla!


The brush here is actually really good too, it's an ecotools one and I picked it up from Fragrance Direct (.co.uk) and it was really cheap too! Not sure if they still do them, but I know you can get Ecotools brushes in Boots! 

Overall I'm really impressed with this Stippling Brush & would recommend it to anyone! I'll also try using it with different foundations and let you guys know the verdict! So far though I'm loving it with my Clinique Tinted Moisturiser (which to be fair is more like a foundation than a moisturiser...) :) With regards to washing my brush.... I have to say I'm quite lazy when it comes to washing make up brushes, but for now I've been wiping it with a baby wipe and leaving it to air dry by the window each time I use it (so far so good!) I'm reluctant to buy in to the 'brush cleansers' that some brands do.. as they're quite expensive for what they are. I've also seen people washing their brushes with baby shampoo etc, so baby wipes and baby shampoo are cheap alternatives! 

You can follow Real Techniques on Twitter:  @realtechniques 

Thanks for reading! Any questions then just leave me a comment, thanks! Lucy xxx




6 comments:

  1. I've been hearing great things about the Real Technique stippling brush, and I love how the price is very affordable. So far the stippling brushes I've tried have been a total fail, which makes me want to try this one even more. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Which other stippling brushes have you tried? this one is so good for the price! :)

      Delete
  2. Great review, i have this one too and i love it :).

    Sadie x

    http://www.brandnewbutterflywings.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment :) I'll check out your blog! Xx

      Delete
  3. really informative post!


    just found your blog, definitely going to follow!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks so much :) the brush really is worth trying!! I'll check out your blog too xx

      Delete