17 November 2011

Maybelline dream satin liquid *review*

'Air whipped foundation, air-brush finish'


I love this foundation! If you've read some of my other foundation posts then you'll know that I go for a medium/full coverage most of the time as I have blemishes and scarring from previous acne. I've had this foundation before and it's great! I tend to use a more 'matte' foundation for work, as I want my skin to stay shine free for most of the day, so I use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse or 24hr Superstay. This one however, is great for general use like going out with friends in the day time and stuff like that. I feel it gives a natural look, doesn't look cakey and gives my skin coverage and really makes my skin have an overall 'fresh' look. 


This product retails at around £8 and I feel that this product is worth it!


Features of this product: 


I have this one in Ivory 010 and feel it's a pretty good match for my skin, it doesn't look orangey which most foundations look on me (even the lightest ones!) I have the 24h Superstay in 021 Nude and this definitely looks orangey unless I blend it really well! 
- good packaging, like the pump which makes it easy to dispense right amount
- good consistency, not too thick, glides on and easy to blend
- like the colour match of Ivory... I usually stay away from the very lightest shades, but this has worked well! 



Here's a picture of all the foundations I'm currently in the midst of trying.... I'm overall impressed with all of my Maybelline foundations for different reasons. I reckon I have one for every occasion! The Rimmel one is far too thick and greasy... so I might get rid of that one. Max Factor second skin I'm finding to be too thin at the moment, it's not enough coverage and tends to feel like it's sliding off my face an hour or so in to wearing it, so I don't find myself reaching for this one much. Dream Matte Mousse.... kind of a love hate thing going on with this one at the moment. I love the finish it gives to my skin, but it definitely grabs on to any patches of dry skin I might have, and any blemishes that I'm trying to 'dry up'. Still love it though..... and then one I've not really tried enough to make a fair comment on is the Pure Mineral Foundation by Maybelline in 04 Vanilla Rose. I've used this foundation once, and the result I thought was pretty good. It definitely made my skin look flawless, but it takes quite a long time to apply (I guess I'd get used to it and speed up the process...) I definitely need to try this one a bit more and I'll write a review on that :)
From left:
Maybelline 24h Superstay in 021 Nude
Max Factor Second Skin in 070 Natural
Maybelline Pure Mineral in 04 Vanilla Rose
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in 021 Nude
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25h in 100 Ivory



That's it for now.... I have a little stash of foundations, so I really do have a few to pick and choose from. I usually wear a few different ones each week, depending on the state of my skin and where I'm going that day.


Hope this has been somewhat useful to you.... and if you've got any comments I'd love to hear from you 
Lucyx

5 comments:

  1. Hiii there

    you seeme to have great knowledge of foundation so was wondering if you could help! Im looking for a good foundation for when i take photos. I have reddish under tones so need some good coverage!
    Hope you can help
    Rachel
    http://yummymummysgalore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya love this review of foundations I still think dream matte mousse is my favourite foundation but that's coming from someone with oily skin! keep up the reviews :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks, I would say that I'm quite in to my foundations yes :) I'm basically always on the lookout for a foundation that will work well with my skin and the aim is always 'flawless!'

    Can you tell me what type of skin you have? Blemish prone, oily, dry? Then I can match this to my experiences and give you a better answer :)

    Thanks for the comment!
    Lucyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiii

    I would say not very blemish prone, the odd spot, an then unfortunately id say combination type skin! Bit oily in t zone area i guess.
    Really appreciate your help!
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, sorry for the delayed response!

    I am more blemish prone than you, but I do have combination skin which can get oily in areas. I really like maybelline foundations. My must have is the 24hr one, great for coverage and stays put all day! :) I'd say that one's inbetween Dream matte mousse & dream satin liquid.

    I use dream matte mousse for oilier days (depending on what I'm doing that day)
    24hr for work (need it to stay put)
    dream satin liquid if my skin is feeling a little drier.

    Anyhoo enough jabbering... I'd say to try the 24hr superstay by maybelline! Be sure to use a good powder to set.

    What foundations have you used before can I ask?

    Lucyx

    ReplyDelete