15 October 2012

*NEW* Superdrug Naturally Radiant skincare range mini review!

Check out my YouTube Channel :) lucyhelen89

This range is extremely new to the market, launching at the beginning of October 2012 and I just happened to stumble across it as I was searching for a new 'winter' moisturiser as the weather is getting harsher and my skin is getting drier. Since buying three items from the range; Hot cloth cleanser (with muslin cloth), day cream SPF15renewing night cream, I haven't actually seen much written about it in terms of reviews etc.... apart from a little hype around the Brightening radiance balm (which I didn't purchase this time). This range is all half price until 4th December in Superdrug stores (and online) so it's definitely worth a try while they're at this great price! Everything is around £2.99 (was £5.99)


Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser 150ml with muslin cloth.
"Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Hot Cloth Cleanser is formulated with a unique energising complex and infused with Kiwi Fruit and Mulberry extracts to help revive skin’s radiance and even out skin tone.Enriched with nourishing Cocoa Butter, this rich and creamy formulation melts into the skin and cleanses away make-up and impurities, whilst also providing gentle exfoliation, leaving skin feeling renewed, soft and ultra clean."

I was really excited to see this in the range, as I have heard a lot of great reviews on other hot cloth cleansers (most of which being out of my price range, for example the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish). 

First thing you'll notice is the smell of the product, as it has a few quite potent ingredients including Kiwi and Mulberry, the smell is very strong but one that I like, it reminds me of something from my childhood but I can't quite figure out what! To use, I apply the product all over a dry face (not a wet one as it suggests, as I think that the cream sinks in more and helps to moisturise better) I then wet the muslin cloth in hot-ish water and work in circular motions to remove the cleanser from the face. 

This product feels incredible when you're using it, it really feels like it's cleansing the pores and nourishing the skin, it really feels like a treat to use! Because it's so gentle, I can use it every day (sometimes twice!). I really agree with it's claim that it evens out skin tone! I suffer with large acne scars and they are quite pigmented (I never go out without foundation nowadays) but I have really noticed a difference in my skintone since using the product, I am now looking at my skin in the mirror and I'm not as horrified as usual, so it must be working!! Really really impressed with this, and the size of the bottle means it's value for money, even when it goes back up to £5.99! Worth a try definitely if you have sensitive skin or uneven skintone!



Naturally Radiant Brightening day cream 75ml SPF15 Normal/combi 
"Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Day Cream SPF15 is formulated with a unique energising complex and infused with Kiwi Fruit and Mulberry extracts to help revive skin’s radiance and even out skin tone.
Enriched with nourishing Sugar Beet extract, this lightweight formulation provides all day moisturisation, helping to smooth and soften skin’s texture, whilst also protecting against UV rays to keep skin looking youthful."


Seeing as I was buying the cleanser and night cream (below) I thought it would be worthwhile getting the basic range so I went for the day cream as well! I usually stay away from moisturisers with SPF in because I can find them greasy,  but this version was for Normal/combination, so while it's going to moisturise and protect from UV rays, it's not going to be greasy for anyone with oily skin (there is also a normal/dry version which I guess would be a thicker consistency for people with extremely dry skin. This one is great too!

 I love the smell again, and it goes on a treat after the hot cloth cleanser and the face just feels so clean and moisturised it's really a nice feeling. This also makes a great base for makeup (I don't really bother with primers as I don't like the feeling of putting too much product on my face, so I generally just use moisturisers - although I have been trying a sample of Clarins beauty balm which is essentially a primer.... I can do a review if anyone would like). Overall a really nice day cream so far, I'm looking forward to it working with the cleanser to even out my skintone even more! :)


Naturally Radiant renewing night cream 75ml
"Superdrug Naturally Radiant Renewing Night Cream is formulated with a unique energising complex and infused with Kiwi Fruit and Mulberry extracts to help revive skin’s radiance and even out skin tone.
Enriched with nourishing Sugar Beet extract and skin renewing Fruit Acids, this intensive formulation delivers rich and long-lasting moisturisation, whilst helping to refine skin’s texture as you sleep, leaving skin feeling smoother and looking more youthful."


Night creams can really be hit and miss when it comes to my skin.... if they're quite thick they usually give me breakouts during the night etc, which is always annoying to wake up to! This one however, goes on like a dream, feels thick enough but also doesn't leave the skin sticky or greasy. I have woken up every morning since starting with it feeling nourished and fresh. My skin almost has a dewy finish to it (without make up might I add!) which is brilliant!

Overall:

I am really glad I stumbled upon this range! The differences in my skin that I've noticed after just a week using it have been incredible! I feel really comfortable in my own skin at the moment, and I really do think it's down to the 'brightening' and tone correcting qualities in this range! Head over to SUPERDRUG and try it for yourself! I'm hoping that the products will continue to work for my skin, and I'll do an updated review in a few weeks! :)


Thanks for reading, any questions just leave a comment below <3 lucy xo

7 comments:

  1. hello honey ! it is so nice to see someone had a review on the night cream. just bought it 3 days ago (with many other ones ) because i love having a lot of facial creams on my bathroom :D It is indeed great so far, but i am a little bit concerned about its price. it is so cheap that i thought to my self maybe it is not good enough? i usually use bobbi brown and givenchy so the difference on the price is huge. could please give me a friendly opinion on if the price does matter? i dont want to sound spoiled, not at all !! it s just that from my experience the lower the price the lower the quality. i d love to hear from you !! kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, you don't sound spoiled, I know exactly what you mean, there is a certain idea that the more expensive the product then the better it is going to be. I find this isn't the case at all! I have used other creams, such as clinique dramatically different lotion & gel and a few others from that range & while they are okay, they can easily be replaced by cheaper alternatives! For example, my friend used the DDMGel from clinique because she has oily skin, but she found an alternative from the Asda's own range for oily skin and found that it worked just as well, perhaps better!

      Bearing this in mind, I have also used some clarins products, and they don't work on my skin at all. So comparing the price tag for the superdrugs own & brands such as clarins, I think that it's an incredible saving.

      The majority of the time you are paying for the brand name (obviously some of them use better ingredients) but for the most part, these products are actually similar or the same, so why pay more? I haven't had any experience in using Bobbi brown or givenchy skincare, so I can't comment on those specifically (sorry!)

      I do think that often it is the packaging, or brand, or 'hype' around certain products, but if you find something that you want to try because you like the sound of it then I say why not! :)

      If you could let me know how you feel about the night cream that would be great, as there aren't many reviews on this range at the moment with it being so new!

      Thanks for your comment! Lucy xx

      Delete
  2. I love this range to skin feels fantastic after cleansing and the price is brilliant. Thanks for doing the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment :) yes I agree that the price is brilliant for what you get! I've just done a review on the Liz Earle one as well... finally managed to try it. Feel free to take a look at that one!

      Lucy x

      Delete
  3. I have the day cream for normal to dry skin. My friend, my mum and my sister have also started using it. It's brilliant. I usually buy the Liz Earle cleanser but I think I'll try the one in this range simply because it's so much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the hot cloth cleanser! It's brilliant too! Makes my skin feel so cleansed and supple! I love the night cream too, it feels luxurious and my skin is rarely dry when I use it for a few nights in a row! The only downside I think is the packaging... It could be a little nicer! Thank you for commenting :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    Love to find someone has review about this product range. I fell in love at the first smell with this renewing night cream. Every morning when I wake up, I find my skin is smoother and better skin tone. However, I have a problem with many dark acne marks in my face and it takes a long time to leave. I live in a tropical country and when I go out in a sunny day, most of old dark marks appear like red pimples. Do you know any treatment or product can help me out of this? Thank you very much for your review.

    ReplyDelete