29 October 2012

My first GlossyBox October 2012 - initial thoughts!

So I've been curious about subscribing to GlossyBox for a while, it's gotten to the point where I'm buying products for the sake of it and wasting a lot of things that I buy because they don't work out and they're often large sizes (hence the waste). Branching out and trying new brands is my aim here, so.... my initial thoughts!

Comes beautifully boxed (not the main concern, but packaging is always something I tend to go for!) and everything inside is nicely packaged! 

Anatomicals body scrub
not a fan of the smell of this.... perhaps I will enjoy using it, but I've just actually bought the Body Shop sweet lemon scrub so that totally trumps this one for now! 

Yves Rocher France - Hydra Vegetal
An anti-wrinkle moisturiser.... I think this is a hard product to place, as people are many different ages who order the box. This doesn't apply to my skin's needs, but hey, it's never too early to try these things I guess! Plus it's nice that the RRP 30ml is £18 which makes me feel like I've got more than my money's worth for the entire box!

Skinetica - anti blemish
My main skin concern is persistent blemishes, so this was welcomed with open arms! Excited to try this one the most I think, as it says it works within a couple of days (hopefully!).
Green People - organic self tan
( or The Organic Pharmacy - Enzyme peel mask as I got...... )

Slightly confused with this one, I know that all the boxes are different, and there are a certain amount of products which get mixed up and sent out depending on your skin etc. However, my leaflet says I should have got the Green People product (which I would have really wanted to try) but instead I got the Mask... Surely the leaflet you receive with your box directly relates to what you have in your own box? Therefore I have the leaflet with details for a product which I don't actually have? Perhaps this is normal, but I'm confused, any comments on the matter would be great guys! :)
Sally Hansen - complete salon manicure
I've not had too much luck with Sally Hansen products in the past, but these look like reasonably quality products. I've actually tried these out already (eager!) and the first thought is how incredibly THIN the formula is!! I received 340 Black Platinum, and it goes on very sheer (almost grey) with the first coat (looks awful) however a second coat and the colour is really very nice!


 I'll do an updated post on all of the products in this months glossy box when I've used them for a week or so! :)

The beauty box idea is pretty good for trying stuff out which you might not have necessarily chosen to buy yourself from the high street! 

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you!

Check out my YouTube channel! lucyhelen89

2 comments:

  1. Aww I've heard many nice things about that Sally Hansen polish actually! But I always love it when they include nail polishes in beauty boxes.

    I think a lot of people get sucked into the idea of receiving a box and getting tons of products/samples. So it's more so the idea/concept that people are buying, rather than the actual products. I feel you on buying products and wasting it. But I also like to branch out. Such girl problems!!!

    Thanks for sharing. Love to see your review soon. xx

    http://www.exoddinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Awh I know you love your nail polishes! Haha! And yeah I'm not bothered about necassarily trying 'high end' brands it's just really nice to have a range of things to sample each month - bonus if they're full sized products! I'm loving a few of the products already (after only two days!) and hope to do a review soon :) will probably do a YouTube vid too (check out my channel if you haven't already :D) it will probably be weird for you to see me on a video haha! User: lucyhelen89 on YouTube xxx

      Delete